Saturday, April 14, 2018

Must be a good feeling to steal someone else's personality, children, and then murder them in the end with all your little efforts.


  • Collapse SubdiscussionDebra Kean

    Debra Kean 

    WELCOME to your math journey!


    ____________________________________________________
    Hi Math Ninjas!

    Who are you? Where are you from? Debbie Kean, your math instructor.
    I was born in Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, GA.

    What is your major? What interests you most about it? Math Education.
    "Mathematics should be fun."
    —Peter J. Hilton

    What was the last math class you completed? How long ago was that? 
    Geometry in 1986.

    Why is math important in your life? 
    "We all use math every day;
    to predict weather, to tell time, to handle money.
    Math is more than formulas or equations;
    it's logic, it's rationality,
    it's using your mind to solve the biggest mysteries we know."
    Numb3rs (TV show)

    What is the one thing you would like everyone in class to know? 
    I was born hearing-impaired in both ears. So, it's magical to me how much students enjoy music!

    Some of my geeky/nerdy moments:
    • I wrap birthday presents in graph paper.
    • I have worn caped Superman socks.
    Edited by Debra Kean on Feb 26 at 8:24am
  • Collapse SubdiscussionLeonard Tunstall

    Leonard Tunstall

    Hello everyone,
    My name is Leonard, but everyone calls me Len. I'm a Electronic Engineering Major, and I'm stoked about starting school. I finally have the chance to pursue my goals of becoming a scientist. I'm married with 4 kids. But all of my kids are teenagers; this exposes my age but I'm 36 years old. I love reading about the universe and watching science debates.
    Edited by Leonard Tunstall on Feb 25 at 3:01pm
  • Collapse SubdiscussionAleeyah Williams

    Aleeyah Williams

    Hello Everyone! 
    My name is Aleeyah, but if it's easier, a lot of people call me "Lee". I'm majoring in Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resources. My current career aligns in some aspects to my major which contributed to my decision. I'm excited to finish this journey once and for all. Math is not a strong point for me, hence why I'm required to take this course. Oddly, I use math so much everyday, all day in my current career. So I'm interested to see how this class serves me. Hopefully, well. Good luck everyone! 
    - Aleeyah W. 
  • Collapse SubdiscussionSarah Cunningham

    Sarah Cunningham

    Good evening everyone,
    My name is Sarah and I'm majoring in Healthcare Service Management. I have two children 11 and 2. I'm currently a Certified Medical Assistant and I know we use math everyday it just don't seem like it to me lol. The last time that I can actually remember completing a math problem was in 2007 and it was statistics. I'm a little (a lot) rusty when it comes to math but I'm excited to get a refresh, I will need due to again I have two little ones that I know that will have questions. Excited to be here with you all.
    Blessing to everyone
  • Collapse SubdiscussionSamantha Coleman

    Samantha Coleman

    Hi my name is Sam. I am getting my degree in accounting. I have a husband and two boys, a 6 year old and a 4 month year old. When I am not a work we are enjoying some family time playing games watching movies or outside activities when it’s nice outside. I’ve been out of school for 7 years but now it’s time to come back to make a career for myself. 
  • Collapse SubdiscussionVidal Ortiz

    Vidal Ortiz

    Hi! My name is Vidal and i am currently married to my wife of 12 years we have a delightfully outspoken 3 year old daughter 😊. My professional background is in Accounting has been for about 16 years. Interests : Spending time with my daughter and wife, travel, photography, giving a helping hand to my fellow neighbor or anyone for that matter.
    Native New Yorker residing now in New Jersey.
    Thank you,
    Vidal
  • Collapse SubdiscussionRachel Sakhi

    Rachel Sakhi

    Introduction:
    Hello, my nickname is Frida. Frida was an artist and I won a gold medal for visual arts at the age of 15 which resulted in an all expenses paid flight, hotel, and global competition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Eddie Bauer corporation of the Pacific Northwest was one of my major sponsors. There I became acquainted with international competitors via the NAACP Olympics of the mind competition for young scientists. Your congressional House of Representatives US Congressman Kweise Mfume was the host of the entire event. There I came into contact with young scientists from many countries of the continent of Africa as well as the United Arab Republic inclusive of Morrocco from Western Africa. This era in my youth changed my life forever, and I cherish those experiences still today which influence my thoughts, my decisions, and how I appreciate the citizenship and residency I was born with as a privilege to the United States of America. However, here in Southern California is where my exposure to the large Hispanic population earned me the nickname I have presented earlier which is Frida for the artist Frida Kahlo performed in motion film by Salma Hayek.
    Thank you for reading this introduction and I welcome you as a member peer to the success for this entire class as well as invite you to my first real learner's RSS feed, Discussion Board, and mini classroom:
    Keys to Success:
    Weekly Announcements:
    Live Webinars:
    Brief Biography:

    "Biography

    Enjoying the maturity of lifestyle phases, sharing what I can afford to give of myself, and learning to manage this business which is my life, my cultured harvest of style, and the willingness to forgive, while appreciating what God and Jesus Christ allows me to cherish. It's fun, it's amazing, it's humble" (Sakhi, 2018 and DeVry, 2018).

    Citation or References
    1. Sakhi, R. & DeVry. (2018). Biography of MATH 062 Student: Rachel Sakhi - Introductions via Discussion.
    encl.: MATH 062 Introduction to Algebra.pdf


  • Collapse SubdiscussionHenry Rojas

    Henry Rojas

    My name is Henry Rojas US Army Active duty soldier 14 years of service, I'm married have two kids, I like technology since is a challenge learning lesson every day,  I hope we can help each other during this class, my best wishes to all.
     (1 like)

No comments:

Post a Comment