Monday, April 2, 2018

Author: Rachel Lynne Sakhi, DeVry University: MATH 062: Polynomials (Binomials, Monomials, Trinomials) and Exponents (Powers of a Product): If I need to research how to calculate the reproduction of my hair growth genes, then repair my hair length, strength, as well as the rate at which the growth takes place, exponents would get utilized in what combination?




Collapse SubdiscussionRachel Sakhi

Rachel Sakhi







 "Option #1:  Have you ever seen a semi truck with a curved truck bed rather than a flat one? Why are most lenses curved? These are just a few examples in which we have real-world examples that make use of exponents and polynomials. Research common applications of exponents (don’t limit yourself to physics; check business, finance, and the medical world for examples, as well), and post what you find here. You may also post explanations of vocabulary found in this section, and explain why it is important. Be sure your posts are unique and not just repetitions of what someone else has already submitted": 

Semi Truck, Exponents, and Polynomials:
I could have seen a curved truck bed rather than a flat one, but I'm not quite keen on the difference according to recollection even if I have seen it or not. 
I'm not sure why most lenses are curved, because I'm not sure of the relation to a semi truck trailer from the component as to whereabouts of lenses. 
Common Applications of Exponents: 
"You are what you eat" and the exponents of chromosomes can be eaten to alter the size of feet, the length of hair, the size of different parts of the human anatomy, and the elasticity of your skin (WebMD, 2018). 
If I need to research how to calculate the reproduction of my hair growth genes, then repair my hair length, strength, as well as the rate at which the growth takes place, exponents would get utilized in what combination?
How would I utilize the Laws of Exponents to manipulate the power of a power, or the power of a product such as (bc)n = bn cn to receive the right daily percent values necessary to change the natural length of my hair from 6" currently to 51"? 

Kean, D. (2018). DeVry University: MATH 062: Week 6 -- Exponents and Polynomials. 
Retrieved online from Exponents%20and%20Polynomials.pdf

Edited by Rachel Sakhi on Apr 2 at 3:44pm

No comments:

Post a Comment